March 02, 2013

Jon Moss Reviews "A Memory of Light"

Taking the 50-Word Review Challenge!

The book: A Memory of Light
The authors: Robert  Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
The reviewer: Jon Moss
Available from Barnes & Noble Booksellers

4.5 out of 5 stars -

I finished something on the Ides of January that I started nearly two dozen years ago, literally half a lifetime for me, or two turns of the Wheel of Time as respects the Year of the Dragon. I give an unreserved five stars specifically to scenes containing Bela, Tam, Egwene and Lan. And I also adore the relatively recent additions of Androl and Pevara and their unique relationship.

To the question of ‘Was it worth the wait?’ I am still unsure.  Despite the bright shining stars mentioned above, much of the final book annoyed me.  The questions I wanted answered remain unanswered.  The resolutions I hoped for did not occur, save perhaps in some oblique off-hand hinted at way. I should, perchance, take to heart the final words of the author(s) and let go, for ‘… it was not the ending.  There are no endings, and never will be endings, to the turning of the Wheel of Time.  But it was an ending.’

Readers, Please Comment: Did you enjoy this review? Dislike it? Agree? Disagree? Please share what you think!
More reviews coming soon!
COVER IMAGE: Courtesy of Jon's Misty Midwest Mossiness blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment